I keep my medicine cabinet fully stocked throughout the fall and winter months because you never know in addition, I make double sure we are both taking our daily supplements which can easily get lost in the back to school routine.
Everything I suggest can be purchased on FullScript which is my online pharmacy. You can look over my favorites. If you have any questions or would like a prescription, let me know.
First of all, the most important thing to remember are below:
1. Wash your hands all the time with soap and water
2. Sleep well and for at least 7 to 8 hours ( more for kids)
3. Eat a whole colorful foods at every meal
4. Keep the stress levels down and find ways to manage & relief stress
5. Keep hydrated
1. Probiotic (Innate: Flora 5-14™ Complete Care, Pure Encapsulations: Probiotic G.I. – doesn’t need to be refrigerated)
2. Cod liver oil – capsule or liquid ( Nordic Naturals)
3. “Berry Well Immune Support” powder by Vital Nutrients for the kids
4. Mushroom complex: MaikeGold 404
5. Liquid vitamin d3 ( pure encapsulations – Vitamin d3 is the active form of vitamin d)
- recommended dose: 1000IUs per 25 pounds
- for a preventative measure, I would do 1 drop for kids up to 75 pounds and over 75 pounds 2 to 3 drops
6. Vitalah:powdered vitamin and mineral complex that is tasty and nutritious
7. Read: HBD: Battle with the Bugs on Amazon.
- Boiron Oscillococcinum – for children or adults
- (or) Heel Flu Plus
- Nux Vomica 30c
2. Immune Support
- Elderberry tincture: I make a “grape juice” for the kids when they are sick and they sip on it throughout the day
- PhytoGlycerite: for kids
- EHB: for adults
3. Vitamin C
- up to bowel tolerance ( 5 to 10 grams a day)
Dosages and protocol: Take medicines as directed. I like to suggest to people to take something every 2 to 3 hours. For example:
- take one of the immune support suggested
- vitamin c
- and then start all over again
Do this for at least 5 days and at least 2 days after you feel better ( but you can cut back on the timing and/or dosages) for a total of 7 days.
And of course some hydrotherapy (magic socks) during the day and night will be key.
If you have any questions on deciding which supplements to purchase, please email me.